For many of us, Virtual dating in times like pandemic seems like a plot from a dystopian sci-fi movie. While most single introverts might be enjoying a lot of me-time, people in a relationship are struggling to keep their romance alive. The trips to the adult store nearest me have also seen a decline. But thanks to technology, people are finding new ways to interact with people and dating. But before jumping on the virtual dating trend, one must keep in mind that it is easier said than done. Like traditional dating, virtual dating also requires one to open about their life and interests. Just because you are not meeting a person in real doesn’t mean you are immune to all the hardship that follows in a normal relationship. Before moving your virtual dating to the next level, you must ensure that you build a connection with your partner. The best thing to do is getting to know the person over text-messages first. Have a phone call before moving to another medium of communication to understand how you to hit.
Now that you are sure you are ready to escalate things further, how to ensure your virtual date goes smoothly?
Video dating tips to ace the game
The lockdown and social distancing norms have forced us to be isolated. It’s the perfect opportunity for people swimming in the dating pool to be inventive with their dating approaches. Virtual dates present one with fun time and a novel experience.
- Set the Date: Staying home 24*7 has made many of us used to be in our pajamas. If you are getting ready for a date, put on your best outfit and look your best self.
- Set your background:
- Besides getting all dolled-up, check the background before making the call.
- Keep the webcam away from the pile of your laundry or dishwashing area.
- Keep the background simple, and if needed, add light or flowers.
- Keep the laptop at an eye-level: When placing a video call, try to keep the laptop at your eye level so as it feels the same as meeting the person in real.
- Have fun: The whole point to dating is having a fun time with your partner. To make your virtual date more lively and entertaining, play games. Playing a drinking game like “never have I ever” is another excellent way to spice up your virtual date.
How to ensure your safety while dating virtually?
We all want our dating phase to reach a point where we can discuss fifty shades of grey toys. But when dating virtually, your top priority should be to protect yourself from any harm. When dating online, never share your personal details like address or bank details. Even if you are talking to a person for a long time, avoid sharing personal information to prevent being a prey of online scams.
Be watchful of suspicious links to avoid being a victim of phishing. If your mate insists you open a link or attachment, ask them what it is before clicking on them. If you are not convinced of your partner’s answer, report the matter to the authorities.
While there are various online dating apps, not all offer the same security and privacy features. Make sure the platform you are using for dating online is trusted and well-recognized. Using a reputed dating app will also make your dating experience smooth and fun.